Homemade chocolate pudding is high on my list of the 10 most comforting foods. Have you found that after you were diagnosed with food allergies or intolerances you miss your favorite comfort foods? Is chocolate pudding high on your list too? Miss chocolate pudding no longer! Make some today for someone you love! That includes yourself!
This chocolate pudding is gluten free and dairy free. Remember this isn’t instant pudding, so please be patient and stir for 10- 15 minutes and let the magic happen as it thickens. It is so worth the wait! This pudding is very rich and chocolatey.
I used Enjoy Life Foods mini semi-sweet chocolate chips. They are free of the top 8 allergens.
This homemade chocolate pudding pairs well with a good cup of coffee or tea for an after dinner treat. Or you can simply enjoy it anytime of the day, maybe even for breakfast like I did after making it this morning. Some days are just a, “I need chocolate kind of day!” This chocolate pudding fits that bill. It is so rich and creamy that no one will now it is dairy free unless you tell them. So if you want a dessert that is fairly simple and will impress then make some of this chocolate pudding today. You will thank yourself later!
- 1- 13.5 or 14 oz can Coconut Milk, full fat, not lite
- 1/2 c. + 2 tbsp. Sugar
- 6 Tbsp. Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 c. Cornstarch
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 c. Chocolate Chips (I used Enjoy Life Foods)
- 1 tsp. GF Pure Vanilla (I used Kirkland)
- In a medium saucepan add sugar, cornstarch, cocoa powder and a pinch of salt. Stir to combine.
- Shake can of coconut milk really well before opening. Stir into the dry ingredients in the saucepan.
- Cook over low heat or use a double boiler if you prefer. Stirring constantly! Yes, you will get bored so have some great tunes on while you stir.
- When the pudding begins to thicken keep stirring and add the chocolate chips.
- Turn off heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Spoon into individual serving dishes or a mixing bowl and refrigerate until cool. Serve as is or with your favorite toppings. ENJOY!